Info-Pack for Red Star Hostel:
We look forward to meet you in person!
WE ARE ! NOT ! a party Hostel.
It is not allowed to drink alcohol in public places in Transnsitria! Remember this! Don’t make mistakes!
We build this small cozy Hostel and garden by our self and our hands using our own resources between 3 Aug 2016- 1 Aug 2017. There was a lot of afford putted into this project so we would like to share the opportunity to stay here with you. Please read carefully the instructions:
1)Make sure that you get your 24 hours registration at the border by providing the Hostel address and the period you wish to stay in Transnistria (up to 45 days).
Please set your Check-IN (1:30pm-8pm) / Check-OUT time (8am-11:30am) time in the Hostel by indicating this in your booking and providing the exact hour of arrival, so there will be some one who can open a door for you and give the keys. We do not have 24 hrs reception, so the manager will come and meet you personally. If you are running late please inform us by Phone N: +37368188352 (SMS,calls); +37377757005 (calls only). Yes, I know, your roaming is not working so do ask people on the street to borrow you a phone to make a call to me and inform about your matter ;-).
2) Guest who are willing to prolong their stay are kindly asked to visit the migration office and make it by them self. In case you need assistance please cover the cost of 5 EUR for owner of the hostel to make it. Both guest and hostel owner must be present at the migration office during this process. The payment covers the transport and time expenses of Hostel to do the paper work. Thank you for understanding.
3) Hostel accepts payment for accommodation in EUR or USD ONLY, no foreign credit/debit cards can be used as payment in Transnistria. Please prepare your payment in advance. The nearest exchange office is 10 min walk from the Hostel and we don’t want you to run back and force with 2 EUR exchange ideas 🙂 We keep the deposit of 10 EUR( or 13 USD) for 2 keys and possible loss/damage.
4) Please do not wear shoes inside of the Hostel at any point. It is important to understand that the floor is made of woods and can be damaged easily with dirty shoes or feet.
5) No Smoking , No alcohol no any drinks and foods inside of the Hostel room upstairs. We understand that people come to relax and chill out but there are really a lot of drinking places near the Hostel where any one can find any drink they like. You may also use the open terrasse outside to relax at any point you feel like doing this. Red Star Hostel is a place where people sleep, stay, talk, work and relax.
6) No parties in the Hostel at any time. The curfew inside of the Hostel after 11 pm: no music, no cooking in the kitchen, no loud talks, no lights if there are guests sleeping in your room. If you wish to use the terrace please do so but after 11 pm please no noise.
7) We do not allow any guests who has not payed his/her accommodation inside of the hostel property (for your security). Do not bring people you meet on the street inside the hostel area. Do not show them the place were you stay and do not explane where is your location for the night is. We also do not allow to store luggage of the people who are not staying in the Hostel.
8) Washing and drying machine can be used for 5 EUR +2 EUR but there should be at minimum 3-4 kg of staff. Ask the Hostel manager before you use it.
9.1 Kitchen table inside of the Hostel is made of wood so can be easily damaged with water. So, if you do see the few drops of water wry it and clean. If we notice that the wood is wet we kept the deposit or prohibit the use of the kitchen completely.
9.2 Kitchen table inside of the Hostel. Please DO NOT CUT ANYTHING DIRECTLY ON THE TABLE (IT IS MADE OF WOOD).Use the kitchen desk instead.
9.2 Please clean after yourself ones in shower and toilet. If you see those few drops on the floor/table, please clean it up so other people can feel good at the place.
10) Terrace BBQ place. You are welcome to use it but please pay for the woods or coll. Ones you are done with fire please put it down or wait till the there will be no flames.
10) Hostel does not accept responsibility for any loss.
11) Please make your bed by yourself. Put the pillowcase on the pillow, bed sheet on matres and use the blanket at night. It is not allowed to use the Hostel towel as a sitting matres on the beach.
12) Do not dry your towel on any wooden parts of the property inside of the hostel or terrasse. Please use the hanger instead.
13) The front gate door must be kept close at any time. Please also close the door to the Hostel so mosquito’s will not bother you at night.
14.1 – It is not allowed to walk on the grass of the garden. The grass was planted first year so we have to give some time to become mature and strong.
14.2 – Do not eat anything in the garden. We have all possible fruits and vegetables as it is private property and we sell them. So ask the hostel manager if you wish to buy some.
15) You may also order some food service from the owner’s parents Galina and Iurii. They can offer you: grapes juice; nuts; pelimeni; vareniki, russian borsh. Please consult for prices and time.
16) We have indoor parking for 1 car only, other cars can be parked outside of the Hostel.
In case if guest is behaving aggressively or brakes the House rules the Hostel manager has the right to give 1 warning before removing this guest from the property at any time In this case the payed amount for accommodation as well as deposit of 10 EUR are not refundable. The Hostel management has right to call the police and migration office for further investigation. We will also inform your embassy about bad behaviors of particular guest. Those who break the House Rules that lead to the loss or damage of the property are obliged to cover the expense to fix the damage, or buy a new thing instead. The price is decided by the property manager.
We use: maxi-taxis, busses, trolleybuses, taxies and planes (if you super reach 😉 )
* controller usually don’t speak English;
* maxi taxi usually run from 6am till 10pm;
* we advise to use taxi, cost around 2-3 USD to get around the city.
We advise to carry with you the Xeroxes of your passport and migration card and show that before showing the original. When going out, leave your passport and any cards (credit, insurance, ID, etc.) that you won’t need in a safe place. If you are robbed while out on the street you will not lose everything.
Remember that you can only use Transnistrian rubles in cash while at the bar, restaurant or night club. We advise always to have extra few rubles to be able to get back to the Hostel using Taxi.
Boys should be aware that in Transnistria, men still pay the bill on dates.
If you are wearing gloves, take them off when you shake hands.
For God sake DO NOT BRING ANY STRANGERS YOU MET IN BAR TO THE HOSTEL! THIS WILL AFFECT YOUR STAY 100%. How? The Hostel manager will give a clear directions were to go with you “new friend” and make sure you reach the place. 🙂 Do not make mistakes!
Charging your Electronics
America uses 110, Transnistria 220+. If you plan on using electronic components, bring the necessary adaptor as most public places have no need of them. Hair dryers need at least 1600 wattage converters.
There are not many of them in the city and very few equipped with soap and tap water at the same time. I advise to use the relief opportunity at the coffee shops and restaurants. You never know when you will meet the next public WC opportunity.
Do not assume that everybody in Transnistria is ethnically Russian. We have Moldovan, Ukrainian and many other nationalities living together as in old good Soviet Era.
Don’t take a taxi alone at night. Avoid a car if it has anyone besides a driver. Know where you are going and sound sure of yourself when negotiating a price with the driver.
Don’t be afraid to refuse vodka or home made wine or “vishnevka” . You won’t offend anyone if explain your religious or health excuses. If you do drink with Russians, know that the bottle is usually drunk until it is empty.
Don’t expect people to smile at you. It is not customary in Transnistria, especially in the capital, to talk or smile at strangers. Don’t take it personal as bad behavior or unfriendliness.
Don’t expect everyone you meet with to be on time. If you have a date with Transnistrian lady, in 80% cases be ready to wait another 15-20 minutes before she shows up. Some girls believe that guy waiting outside in freezing cold proving that he has a serious ideas towards her, so do not expect apologies ))))
It is not allowed to drink alcohol in public places!
Do not put your feet on the tables. This will support Transnistria\Russian stereotypes about Westerns being “uncultural”.
Tiraspol and other towns in Transnistria have numerous coffee shops, art houses, dance clubs, theaters and other forms of entertainment. If you are willing to search, you will always find something interesting to do. You can always ask me or my Russian friends to lead the way!
Inside of the territory all payments can be made only in Transnistrian rubles (NOT RUSSIAN). Only SHERIFF Petrol Stations can accept US Dollars and Moldovan Lei. Please make sure you have enough US Dollars, EURos or Moldovan Lei in cash with you. There are also few ATM’s in the city for your disposal. Be aware that some rubles are made of composite material (1,3,5,10 rubles).
Photograph and Video taping of the following is NOT ALLOWED:
– Presidential palace and Parliament;
– Military buildings, including KGB;
– Russian peace keepingmilitary checkpoint.
If you are not sure to take or not to take picture, better ask and practice your Russian language. In most cases people will allow you to proceed with fulfilling your desire 🙂
It IS ALLOWED to take pictures of surroundings inside and outside of the cities.
It is not allowed to drink alcohol in public places!