Everything in life begins with an idea in somebodies head. The idea is the most important and valuable thing ever. I don’t know when this idea crossed Dmitri Voloshin‘s mind but it definitely made my life as well as lives of thousands other people more complete on the day of April 26, 2015. As not a third world countries the Chisinau International Marathon had an official website where every sportive individual could register and pay the participation fee.
The first ever massive international marathon was organised in Moldova Republic with a great sponsorship from private companies and support from the state. It is worth to mention that the whole process was organised in a super professional manner and I felt myself extremely domestic.
My hand made T-Shirt
To be the first of its kind.
There where other marathons organised in Moldova and Chisinau before but this 2015 run was special and really first of its kind. The first time in the modern history of Moldova the marathon was organised according to international standards with international participants and with international involvement but still really Moldovan by all means.
I hope one day the same with happened in my home city Tiraspol too!
The moment of history
The Registration OK Go and Pay 100 Lei
As inhabitant of Tiraspol city I was pretty amazed that the registration fee was only 100 Lei considering what was each participant received in return. It is crusualy important to have affordable entrance fee for every one. Sporter did find a solution.
Get your Race Kit and explain the family issue
On the day of April 24, 2015 I went to Chisinau to do my usual routine and collect my race kit. It took my only 5 minutes to complete the registration, get my kit and take a picture with main organiser Dmitri Voloshin. I also met my friend Vitali the great film maker ever. My mother desperately wanted to come with me, so she did. Some years ago she was regularly participated in 100km run and other ultra-running events. My Dad used to run looooots of marathons but not he loves cycling more then anything else (in sports). So, I am proud to continue a good family traditions.
Unfortunately the promised pasta-party was not organised this year (this small little detail however did not affect the entire process).
Dmitri Voloshin and I got our Start Kits
People keep collecting their kits
Fix Gear you Rock!
The Day when Chisinau was running like never before
– How is it usually organised on big events?
– Usually messy and unpredictable.
PS: In Chisinau it was VERY DIFFERENT and SUPER EFFICIENT!
Do you know the feeling when you are in about to do something important and you understand that this is the moment which will be remembered through years ahead? That was the common feeling among the participants. Everybody where extremely friendly, excited, happy, smily and sexy! I really felt the new atmosphere around. It was not pure European or westernised home-brewed showoff, it was Moldovan, it was international!
It was very clear where and how to run. The microphone guy was giving accurate instructions and directions. So we started in time!
My great supportive friends
Never stop filming
We run together
Smile all the way
Tired by happy
Dmitri is about to finish his race
I did it in 01.08.53
Selfie with friends
Met my friend Zarina
Met new friends
The winner and his team (uncle Iurie)
Thank you dear volunteers!
Key elements of success on April 26:
1. Time limits where kept well!
2. It was enough water and food for participants and guests!
3. The electronic chip worked! but in my case it showed the wrong time on the website…..(
4. Great friendly atmosphere!
5. Enough volunteers around! All where very helpful and cheerful.
6. The ambulance cars where able to pass through the public quickly to help people in need.
7. Police was friendly and helpful.
9. There where toilets and they worked!
10. There where no political parties involved!
11. I met lots of my friends on the run way and among cyclists!
12. There where some participants from Tiraspol and one girl won the race!
13. Quadrocopter (drone) was involved.
I usually always find something to suggest to myself as (project manager) and others but this time I have very little to say.
1. It could be cool to organise a pasta party or contact making activities before or after the marathon. At least my friends from Tiraspol and I would like to make new contacts with fellow runners from Chisinau area. At the end it is about people and sharing emotions so let’s help to make it happened.
2. Possibly to organise after-run little survey online to ask participants what they like the most and what they think could be improved.
Thank you dear organisers! The last time I had a chance to enjoy such a great organisation of sport event was in Czech Republic during my first IronMan Triathlon! Special Thanks to Dmitri Voloshin!
Look forward to the Next Year Marathon! Keep this great Regional initiative as tradition.